More than a shadow
A tribute to my father who passed away last year
Eddy Verloes BELGIUM
Eddy Verloes studied literature, philosophy and arts at the University of Louvain (Belgium) and the Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg i.B.(Germany). As a photographer, he studied at CVO Louvain (Belgium). Between 2015 and 2021 he has published 4 photo books and has exhibited in several galleries in the USA, the United Kingdom, France, Austria, Greece, Hungary, Russia, Serbia, Italy, Spain, Germany, The Netherlands and Belgium. He has been selected several times for national and international competitions (LensCulture, Life Framer, All-About-Photo).
As a visual storyteller, he creates a poetic and mysterious world in his mainly black and white photos that sometimes balance between realism and surrealism. He is always focused on the decisive moment and shoots with his soul, not with his camera. Some of his (street) photos are also spiced with a touch of humor and it's difficult to put him in a box.
Most important awards in 2020-2021:
- Finalist LensCulture Visual Storytelling Awards 2019
- Selected as one of the best contemporary photographers worldwide by the American site All-About-Photo
- Winner Life Framer Photo Contest 2020 (Theme: Civilization)
- Selected for the Life Framer Collection 2020
- Travel Photographer of the Year 2020 (People of the World)
- Winner Siena Creative Photo Awards 2021 (Open Theme)
- Winner Malta International Photo Travel Award 2020/2021
- 2nd place MonoVisions Awards 2021 (Photojournalism), London (UK)
- Finalist FOCUS Photo L.A. 2021, Los Angeles (USA)
- Winner Siena International Photography Awards 2021 (Fascinating faces and characters)
- Winner 16th Annual Black&White Spider Awards 2021, Beverly Hills (California)
- Winner of the Union of Lights 2021 World Photography Contest (Street & Lifetsyle)
- 3rd Place Winner (Photojournalism) Monochrome Photography Awards 2021, London (UK)
- Finalist LensCulture Art Photography Awards 2022
Support this photographer - share this work on Facebook.
< BACK TO GALLERY