Hamburg has around 2,500 bridges, more than Venice and Amsterdam, making it one of the bridges in Europe. The bridges characterize the cityscape of Hamburg and have a strong symbolic character for me. They connect two shores with one another or make a street where else one would have to end and are often architectonic masterpieces that speak for themselves. The effect of a bridge is strengthened in my view when a dense fog occurs in the autumn, which fades out all the details in the background and floats the building for a few hours and makes the urban scenes appearing melancholic.
AUTHOR: Alexander Schönberg GERMANY
I started photographing in October 2015 and am still an enthusiastic beginner who has repeatedly discovered new pages of photography.
I received the following awards this year:
- 1st Prize Winner in 3rd edition of Fine Art Photography Awards:
Awarded entry urban melancholy (Cityscape Category)
- Nominee in 3rd edition of Fine Art Photography Awards:
Awarded entry lonelyness (Landscape Category)
- PX3 2017 - Gold Winner - Monograph Category
- PX3 2017 - Honorable Mention - Category
- three of my pictures landed at 500px under editorial selection
- six of my pictures are exhibited for the sale at whitewall shop in hamburg, germany