“The Hat” is a self-portrait series that represents my inner fight for understanding and evolving myself.
"The Hat" is a symbol of protection.
It helps keeping my thoughts and feelings in a safe, sterilized place away from outer disturbance and noise.
It also acts as a protective shield for the people that surround me, keeping them away from my false thinking and inner distresses, until my doubts and troubles are ultimately cleared and resolved.
1. My Reflection on a wet road. Surrounded by people i find myself standing still, observing their rush. Isolation comforts me.
2. Myself reacting in mild aggressive manner through the positioning of my body while feeling that someone in the crowd tries to enter my vital space. The incident was avoided with no spoken word, just body language.
3. Daydreaming with my bicycle i find myself standing next to Magritte. I recall his words "If the dream is a translation of waking life, waking life is also a translation of the dream". It answers the question i was searching for.
4. Dry as the road, emptiness struck.
5. Sitting on a bench while writing poetry, a warm sunbeam visits me. I write: "Our fates in the degrees of light that we douse in". I feel at ease.
6. Inspired by Sylvia's Plath quote: "I thought the most beautiful thing in the world must be shadow, the million moving shapes and cul-de-sacs of shadow. There was shadow in bureau drawers and closets and suitcases, and shadow under houses and trees and stones, and shadow at the back of people's eyes and smiles, and shadow, miles and miles". I embrace the moment.
7. Staring at a fountain while white liquid is dispersing in its water. Like sadness into fulfillment’s vast ocean.
8. Healing fires inside my heart.
Nikolaos Kotsampougioukis (Kihem) GREECE
I am self-taught photographer living in Athens, Greece.
Begun actively showing my work the last four years.
"5th Fine Art Photography Awards" - Selected Finalist.
Conceptual Photography "Lips", amateurs nominee, winners gallery (https://fineartphotoawards.com/winners-gallery/fapa-2018-2019/amateur/conceptual/hm/9576), 2019.
"Woman" - Selected Finalist.
Photographic Contest Celebrating Woman’s day March, 8.
Selected Photograph for the final Exhibition at ifocus gallery(https://www.ifocus.gr)
and The Athens Photovision Festival at Helexpo Centre, 2019.
"The Obscurity of Abstraction", Personal Artistic Conceptual Exhibition.
Project concerning the stillness of mind and thought to an outer stimulus at a specific space and time.
Invited and hosted by Mutiny Radio – San Fransisco CA, 2019
"Athenians Photos-hooting Their Town".
Project Concerning personal view of Athenian life
Group Exhibition at the Gazi Cultural Area coordinated by Platon Rivellis and the Μunicipality of Athens, 2019.
"One Minute Athens" - Selected Finalist.
Project Concerning Architectural View Of Athens
One Minute B&W Artistic/Architectural Video
Benaki Museum – Athens, 2018.
"Feelings" - Winner, Stephanos Paschos Award.
Annual Photographic Project
Vault Theatre – Athens, 2017-2018.
"The Secret Room Of Thought".
Project concerning awareness for mental illnesses
Group exhibition at the Katakouzenos Museum – Athens, 2015.
"A Photograph for Patission Street" - Selected finalist
Open road exhibition
Municipality of Athens, 2013.
Support this photographer - share this work on Facebook.
< BACK TO GALLERY